Effective date: January 1, 2018
Welcome to AnteSocial ("AnteSocial," "we," "us" or "our"). AnteSocial is a social media stock market
an innovative and fun way for you to share media through our platform and earn money in the process. Create posts, follow, comment, like, dislike and share with others, get paid for the ads you watch and share with your network, get paid to read and respond to messages from people outside your network and create real social value or “Social Stock” price that if you choose allows others to invest in your success.
· Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service ("Users").
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
· Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for an AnteSocial account.
· Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number). This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on AnteSocial.
· User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
· Communications between you and AnteSocial. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
Finding your friends on AnteSocial:
· If you choose, you can use multiple features to locate other people with AnteSocial accounts either through (i) your contacts list, (ii) third-party social media sites or (iii) through a search of names, tags, social value and usernames on AnteSocial.
· If you choose to find your friends through (i) your device's contacts list, then AnteSocial will access your contacts list to determine whether or not someone associated with your contact is using AnteSocial.
· If you choose to find your friends (iii) through a search of names or usernames on AnteSocial then simply type a name to search and we will perform a search on our Service.
· Note about "Invite Friends" feature: If you choose to invite someone to the Service through our "Invite friends" feature, you may select a person directly from the contacts list on your device and send a text or email from your personal account. You understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your device, and because this invitation is coming directly from your personal account, AnteSocial does not have access to or control this communication.
· We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
· More information is available in our About Cookies section
Log file information:
· Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
· When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
· When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by AnteSocial.
· A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
· Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
· Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using other's APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
· help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
· remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
· provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
· provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
· develop and test new products and features
· monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
· diagnose or fix technology problems
· automatically update the AnteSocial application on your device
· AnteSocial or other Users may run contests, special offers or other events or activities ("Events") on the Service. If you do not want to participate in an Event, do not use the particular Metadata (i.e. hashtag or geotag) associated with that Event.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell
your information to third parties outside AnteSocial
(or the group of companies of which AnteSocial is a
part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
· We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that AnteSocial is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your photos.
· We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
· We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
· We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
· Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please change your profile setting. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
· Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users and subject to use under our AnteSocial API.
· If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties using the AnteSocial API have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
· We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
· Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which AnteSocial, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
· AnteSocial, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
· We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, AnteSocial cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to AnteSocial or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
· Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and AnteSocial, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to AnteSocial make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
· Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
· Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
· Learn more about reviewing or modifying your account information.
How long we keep your User Content:
· Following termination or deactivation of your account, AnteSocial, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
6. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
AnteSocial does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
7. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
8. HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
In the event of the death of an AnteSocial User, please contact us. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US
ARBITRATION NOTICE: EXCEPT IF YOU OPT-OUT AND EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED IN THE ARBITRATION SECTION BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND ANTESOCIAL WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION.
1. You must be at least 13 years old to use the Service.
2. You may not post violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic or sexually suggestive photos or other content via the Service.
3. You are responsible for any activity that occurs through your account and you agree you will not sell, transfer, license or assign your account, watchers, username, or any account rights. With the exception of people or businesses that are expressly authorized to create accounts on behalf of their employers or clients, AnteSocial prohibits the creation of and you agree that you will not create an account for anyone other than yourself. You also represent that all information you provide or provided to AnteSocial upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete and you agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
4. You agree that you will not solicit, collect or use the login credentials of other AnteSocial users.
5. You are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure.
6. You must not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities and you must not post private or confidential information via the Service, including, without limitation, your or any other person's credit card information, social security or alternate national identity numbers, non-public phone numbers or non-public email addresses.
7. You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (for example, federal, state, local and provincial) applicable to your use of the Service and your Content (defined below), including but not limited to, copyright laws.
8. You are solely responsible for your conduct and any federal, state or local taxes, data, text, files, information, usernames, images, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, links and other content or materials (collectively, "Content") that you submit, post or display on or via the Service.
9. You must not change, modify, adapt or alter the Service or change, modify or alter another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or AnteSocial.
10. You must not access AnteSocial's private API by means other than those permitted by AnteSocial.
11. You must not create or submit unwanted email, comments, likes or other forms of commercial or harassing communications (a/k/a "spam") to any AnteSocial users.
12. You must not use domain names or web URLs in your username without prior written consent from AnteSocial.
13. You must not interfere or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any AnteSocial page is rendered or displayed in a user's browser or device.
14. You must not create accounts with the Service through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
1. We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service or your access to the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you. You can deactivate your AnteSocial account by sending an e-mail to [email protected] If we terminate your access to the Service or you request to have your account removed, your photos, comments, likes, friendships, and all other data will no longer be accessible through your account (e.g., users will not be able to navigate to your username and view your photos), but those materials and data may persist and appear within the Service (e.g., if your Content has been reshared by others). In the even that AnteSocial deactivates your account ant revenue will be automatically transferred to the account you have on file with us. If you request to have your account deactivated any money in your account must be removed prior.
4. We reserve the right to refuse access to the Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
5. We reserve the right to force forfeiture of any username for any reason.
7. You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. You agree that AnteSocial is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any user. AnteSocial reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. Exercise common sense and your best judgment when interacting with others, including when you submit or post Content or any personal or other information.
8. There may be links from the Service, or from communications you receive from the Service, to third-party web sites or features. There may also be links to third-party web sites or features in images or comments within the Service. The Service also includes third-party content that we do not control, maintain or endorse. Functionality on the Service may also permit interactions between the Service and a third-party web site or feature, including applications that connect the Service or your profile on the Service with a third-party web site or feature. For example, the Service may include a feature that enables you to share Content from the Service or your Content with a third party, which may be publicly posted on that third party's service or application. Using this functionality typically requires you to login to your account on the third-party service and you do so at your own risk. AnteSocial does not control any of these third-party web services or any of their content. You expressly acknowledge and agree that AnteSocial is in no way responsible or liable for any such third-party services or features. YOUR CORRESPONDENCE AND BUSINESS DEALINGS WITH THIRD PARTIES FOUND THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY. You may choose, at your sole and absolute discretion and risk, to use applications that connect the Service or your profile on the Service with a third-party service (each, an "Application") and such Application may interact with, connect to or gather and/or pull information from and to your Service profile. By using such Applications, you acknowledge and agree to the following: (i) if you use an Application to share information, you are consenting to information about your profile on the Service being shared; (ii) your use of an Application may cause personally identifying information to be publicly disclosed and/or associated with you, even if AnteSocial has not itself provided such information; and (iii) your use of an Application is at your own option and risk, and you will hold the AnteSocial Parties (defined below) harmless for activity related to the Application.
9. You agree that you are responsible for all data charges you incur through use of the Service.
10. We prohibit crawling, scraping, caching or otherwise accessing any content on the Service via automated means, including but not limited to, user profiles and photos (except as may be the result of standard search engine protocols or technologies used by a search engine with AnteSocial's express consent).
2. Your Social Value is partially supported by advertising revenue you may find these ads in the marketplace, You may choose to place such advertising and promotions on the Service in your feed or Timeline. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without specific notice to you.
3. AnteSocial will never directly place ads in your feed or timeline, nor will it restrict your posts or access to your content to your watchers.
5. The Service contains content owned or licensed by AnteSocial ("AnteSocial Content"). AnteSocial Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and, as between you and AnteSocial, AnteSocial owns and retains all rights in the AnteSocial Content and the Service. You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the AnteSocial Content and you will not reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise exploit the AnteSocial Content.
6. The AnteSocial name and logo are trademarks of AnteSocial, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of AnteSocial. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of AnteSocial, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from AnteSocial.
7. Although it is AnteSocial 's intention for the Service to be available as much as possible, there will be occasions when the Service may be interrupted, including, without limitation, for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. Also, I AnteSocial reserves the right to remove any Content from the Service for any reason, without prior notice. Content removed from the Service may continue to be stored by I AnteSocial, including, without limitation, in order to comply with certain legal obligations, but may not be retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, AnteSocial encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, AnteSocial is not a backup service and you agree that you will not rely on the Service for the purposes of Content backup or storage. AnteSocial will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services, or the loss of any Content. You also acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of Content or other information may not be secure.
10. It is AnteSocial 's policy not to accept or consider content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials other than those we have specifically requested and to which certain specific terms, conditions and requirements may apply. This is to avoid any misunderstandings if your ideas are similar to those we have developed or are developing independently. Accordingly, AnteSocial does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas, and takes no responsibility for any materials or ideas so transmitted. If, despite our policy, you choose to send us content, information, ideas, suggestions, or other materials, you further agree that AnteSocial is free to use any such content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials, for any purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, developing and marketing products and services, without any liability or payment of any kind to you.
Reporting Copyright and Other IP Violations
1. We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
2. We provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights.
3. If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SERVICE, INCLUDING,
WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANTESOCIAL CONTENT, IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS",
"AS AVAILABLE" AND "WITH ALL FAULTS" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST
EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, NEITHER ANTESOCIAL NOR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES,
MANAGERS, OFFICERS OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "ANTESOCIAL PARTIES")
MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OR ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO: (A) THE SERVICE; (B) THE ANTESOCIAL CONTENT; (C)
USER CONTENT; OR (D) SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION
TO ANTESOCIAL. IN ADDITION, THE ANNTESOCIAL PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL
WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES
OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE,
CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICE YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOUR ACTIVITIES ARE LAWFUL IN EVERY JURISDICTION WHERE YOU ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.
THE ANTESOCIAL PARTIES DO NOT ENDORSE CONTENT AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR OTHER CAUSE OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER BASED UPON OR RESULTING FROM ANY CONTENT.
Limitation of Liability; Waiver
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
WILL THE ANTESOCIAL PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY
KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, ECONOMIC,
EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES)
THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO: (A) THE SERVICE; (B) THE ANTESOCIAL
CONTENT; (C) USER CONTENT; (D) YOUR USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE
PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE; (E) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH AN
INVESTIGATION BY THE ANTESOCIAL PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES
REGARDING YOUR OR ANY OTHER PARTY'S USE OF THE SERVICE; (F) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN
CONNECTION WITH COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERS; (G) ANY ERRORS
OR OMISSIONS IN THE SERVICE'S OPERATION; OR (H) ANY DAMAGE TO ANY USER'S
COMPUTER, MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY INCLUDING, WITHOUT
LIMITATION, DAMAGE FROM ANY SECURITY BREACH OR FROM ANY VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING,
FRAUD, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR
TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER LINE OR NETWORK FAILURE OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL OR OTHER
MALFUNCTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF
GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, OR COMPUTER FAILURE
OR MALFUNCTION, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE OR EVEN IF THE ANTESOCIAL PARTIES HAVE BEEN
ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN
AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT
LIMITATION, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD,
TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, OR THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF THE SERVICE). IN NO
EVENT WILL THE ANTESOCIAL PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR LOSS,
DAMAGE OR INJURY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY. SOME
STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT
WILL THE ANTESOCIAL PARTIES TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR
CAUSES OR ACTION EXCEED ONE HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS ($100.00).
YOU AGREE THAT IN THE EVENT YOU INCUR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURIES THAT ARISE OUT OF ANTESOCIAL'S ACTS OR OMISSIONS, THE DAMAGES, IF ANY, CAUSED TO YOU ARE NOT IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION PREVENTING ANY EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, SERVICE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE ANTESOCIAL PARTIES, AND YOU WILL HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, ADVERTISING, EXHIBITION OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE ANTESOCIAL PARTIES.
BY ACCESSING THE SERVICE, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE, THE BENEFITS OF SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA, AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."
ANTESOCIAL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
Except if you opt-out or
for disputes relating to: (1) your or AnteSocial's
intellectual property (such as trademarks, trade dress, domain names, trade
secrets, copyrights and patents); (2) violations of the API Terms; or (3)
violations of provisions 13 or 15 of the Basic Terms, above ("Excluded
Disputes"), you agree that all disputes between you and AnteSocial (whether or not such dispute involves a third
party) with regard to your relationship with AnteSocial,
of the Service, and/or rights of privacy and/or publicity, will be resolved by
binding, individual arbitration under the American Arbitration Association's
rules for arbitration of consumer-related disputes and you and AnteSocial hereby expressly waive trial by jury. As an
alternative, you may bring your claim in your local "small claims"
court, if permitted by that small claims court's rules. You may bring claims
only on your own behalf. Neither you nor AnteSocial
will participate in a class action or class-wide arbitration for any claims
covered by this agreement. You also agree not to participate in claims brought
in a private attorney general or representative capacity, or consolidated
claims involving another person's account, if AnteSocial
is a party to the proceeding. This dispute resolution provision will be
governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. In the event the American Arbitration
Association is unwilling or unable to set a hearing date within one hundred and
sixty (160) days of filing the case, then either AnteSocial
or you can elect to have the arbitration administered instead by the Judicial
Arbitration and Mediation Services. Judgment on the award rendered by the
arbitrator may be entered in any court having competent jurisdiction. Any
provision of applicable law notwithstanding, the arbitrator will not have
authority to award damages, remedies or awards that conflict with these Terms
You may opt out of this agreement to arbitrate. If you do so, neither you nor AnteSocial can require the other to participate in an arbitration proceeding. To opt out, you must notify AnteSocial in writing within 30 days of the date that you first became subject to this arbitration provision. You must use this address to opt out:
AnteSocial, LLC ATTN: LEGAL 1600 North 5th Street. Philadlephia, PA 19122
You must include your name and residence address, the email address you use for your AnteSocial account, and a clear statement that you want to opt out of this arbitration agreement.
If the prohibition against class actions and other claims brought on behalf of third parties contained above is found to be unenforceable, then all of the preceding language in this Arbitration section will be null and void. This arbitration agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with AnteSocial.
Time Limitation on Claims
You agree that any claim you may have arising out of or related to your relationship with AnteSocial must be filed within one year after such claim arose; otherwise, your claim is permanently barred.
Governing Law & Venue
governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Pennsylvania,
without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law AND WILL
SPECIFICALLY NOT BE GOVERNED BY THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTIONS ON CONTRACTS FOR
THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS, IF OTHERWISE APPLICABLE. For any action at law
Excluded Disputes or if you opt out of the agreement to arbitrate, you agree to
resolve any dispute you have with AnteSocial
exclusively in a state or federal court located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania,
and to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Philadelphia
County for the purpose of litigating all such disputes.
The information provided
within the Service is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or
entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be
contrary to law or regulation or which would subject AnteSocial
to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. We reserve
the right to limit the availability of the Service or any portion of the
Service, to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time and in
our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any content, program,
product, service or other feature that AnteSocial
Software related to or made available by the Service may be subject to United States export controls. Thus, no software from the Service may be downloaded, exported or re-exported: (a) into (or to a national or resident of) any country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading any software related to the Service, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of, any such country or on any such list.